Books to Read Before You Die
We’re so lucky to have all the information available at our finger tips, with just one click. But the experience of old-fashioned paperback book reading is priceless. The act of flipping each page gives you a different experience compared to mindless clicking of information after information over the world wide web. I’ve just recently rediscovered the wonders of reading books. I haven’t read a book since I last stopped with my collection when I was in middle school and there’s definitely a lot of catching up to do. Here is a good starter list of books to read before you die.
Books to Read Before You Die
How to Read a Book
Plan your books to read. Set up a goal of reading one book per year. That should give you time to read one book per month.
Don’t just passively read it. You have to take notes, writing down makes it more ingrained and easier to remember. Put it into practice. Make use of what you learn and take some action. This will change your life
No time to read? If you think you don’t have time to read a book, read about 10 pages per day. That will make you finish a 300-page book within a month.
A great tip to make more time to do things you love is to wake up a few hours early. Read How to Wake Up Early for tips on how to make yourself wake up really early in the morning and be motivated and energized.
12 Books to Read Before You Die
Here are the list of books to read that I suggest you read early on life. Read it in your twenties to be set and prepared for your thirties, forties, and for the rest of your life. Heck, you can read these list as a teen so you can start off life with wide range of wisdom. The earlier you start the better.
1. Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robins. A self-help book that shows you that you can take control of your whole life. Every domain, mental, emotional, physical, and financial, of your life can be created and controlled by you. Know the fact that no external forces can stop you will help tremendously in realizing your dreams.
2. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. An old material but every success principles presented are universal and can still be applied today. It teaches readers the endless possibilities of human’s ability to reach their potential and their dreams and that you can succeed in any line of work.
3. The Success Principles by Jack Canfield. A guide that helps people be where they want to be in life. Book discusses stories of successful people who have been there done that and will help you inspire you in your own journey using proven principles and strategies.
4. The Life Changing Manga of Tydying Up by Mari Kondo. Introduces you to the act of tidying up not only your space, but also your life. KonMari method by Mari Kondo (author) embodies the principle of organizing life through decluttering by keeping only objects that spark joy.
5. The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson. Another self-help book that helps you lead a successful and happy life. It provides you with tools on how to pursue your daily life to achieve your most desired dreams.
6. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. Author Elizbeth Gilbert shows us how to have “creative living beyond fear.” Main points are letting go of fear and embracing curiosity so we can live our most creative lives.
7. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. Story that differentiates “working for money” and having “money work for you.” It’s a personal finance book that covers money and investing. Learning how to handle your money will ensure financial security that you can pass on for the next generation.
8. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. As the title entails, the book provides advice on how to influence people so you can be successful in business and in your life. It will teach you techniques on how to handle people that will enable you to sell and create better relationships with your clients.
9. Crush It! Gary Vaynechuck. Modern day book that will show you how to use the power of the internet to turn your passion into business. Who doesn’t want to get paid by doing something you love? Or work from home?
10. The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren is definitely on top of books to read before you die. For those who seek and asks the question, “Why am I alive?” this book will tell you the meaning of life and help you realize that life is more than just a survival game. You exist with a purpose and should live intentionally.
11. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. This book will provide you with insights on how to be a good leader. It’s good for those who are in leadership roles at work and also for those who desire to be in one.
12. The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz. Improve your lives by setting higher goals and standards. This will help you achieve anything you want in any domains of life to live a very fulfilled life.
Accompany this with my goal setting worksheets so you can put things into action. Remember my first tip to not passively read?
Hopefully, this list gives you a good starting place for a collection of must read books in your lifetime. If you notice, they are geared more toward self-development. It is a good list that anyone and everyone can really find great value to enhance their quality of life.
Books to Read Before You Die is part 12 of the Perfecting Habits Series where you can join me in incorporating some habits that definitely changed the course and my outlook in life. Get your FREE Habit Tracker today and use it as a tool to help you to develop good habits for yourself!