Keto Cheesecake Recipe
There is no way I am giving up cheesecake when doing keto! Guess what? You don’t have to! Cheesecake is my go to comfort dessert when I am craving for something sweet and this keto cheesecake recipe will do the trick. It’s cheesy, creamy, and oooohh so satisfying!
As with the other recipes that I have tried, like this one for keto chocolate mug cake, they are just usually a twist to our classic recipes that we all truly love. A little bit of ingredient substitutions and voila!
Here is a keto cheesecake recipe by Katy, a beauty Youtuber, that my family and I tried out.
KETO CHEESECAKE RECIPE
1 cup pecans, blended into crumbs
3 tbsp melted butter
¼ cup Erythritol
½ tsp cinnamon
2 ½, 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup Erythritol
2 cups sour cream
1 tbsp Erythritol
Make the crust
Preheat oven to 350. Combine butter, pecans, Erythritol, cinnamon. Mix until combined evenly. Spread mixture on bottom of a springform. Press crust together until packed at the bottom of the pan. Place crust in oven for 5 minutes.
Make the cake
Mix cream cheese in a bowl with a mixer. Add vanilla and Erythritol. Add eggs and mix. Pour over the cream cheese on the baked crust. Turn oven down to 300 and place batter in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes
Make the frosting
Mix sour cream and Erythritol. After cheesecake bakes, cool it down to room temperature. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of cake (as much as you want). Spread frosting on top of cheesecake. Place in fridge for about 8 hours to overnight.
My family consists of a
sweet tooth (me)…
large appetite (my eldest daughter)…
picky eater (my son)…
afraid to try out new things (husband)…
and a toddler (no description needed).
So we have a variety of palates tasting this low-carb, high-fat dessert.
The overall result is that everyone liked it and it’s something that I will definitely make again for the whole family. Few pointers are:
- Smells like too much sour cream but it tastes great.
- Tastes like normal cheesecake.
- Would have never guessed that it’s keto (or for some sort of specific eating lifestyle group)
- Love love love the pecan crust! Pecans are very addicting and perfect if you are not a fan of the regular graham crackers like I am.
- A dessert that could be shared with everyone, even those not in keto lifestyle.
- Can even be better than the conventional cheesecake.
- Actual cheesecake is not sweet and all of the sweetness is from the crust. Overall sweetness is perfect!
- My picky eater did not like the frosting and it’s too sour. But this is coming from a 10-year-old where food texture matters a lot. Cheesecake was awesome for him after removal of frosting.
Star of the Show
You will learn that natural sweeteners are the go-to of the keto community or if you’re just avoiding sugar in general.
I used Erythritol for this one and it’s unnoticeable. It was used in the crust, cheesecake, and frosting and gave the cheesecake that perfect amount of sweetness without leaving any after taste.
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol that is derived from fruits. It has zero calories, zero Glycemic index, won’t spike your insulin, making it acceptable for keto fans and even diabetics.
It was my first try trying Erythritol and I got the brand Now Foods from Amazon. You can grab your own here.
This dessert definitely hits the spot. Please give it a try if you need something to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Have a great day!